Isla Fisher calls Leonardo DiCaprio `one of greatest actors of our gen`
Los Angeles: Actress Isla Fisher, who shares screen space with Leonardo DiCaprio for a single scene in Baz Luhrmann`s ‘The Great Gatsby’, refers to him as "one of the greatest actors of our generation".
The 37-year-old plays the role of Myrtle Wilson in ‘The Great Gatsby’, which is based on Scott Fitzgerald`s iconic novel, reported Access Hollywood.
"Leo is the most perfect Jay Gatsby. He brings to it a childlike innocence. His obsession with Daisy doesn`t feel mentally ill. It`s just sort of passionate and misguided, but still romantic. Leo`s fabulous in everything. He`s one of the greatest actors of our generation," Fisher said.
"But he has gone further than you could ever have imagined with this character, and really made [Gatsby] so multi-dimensional, and so flawed and so vulnerable, and yet so macho and sexy, everything that you want in Gatsby," she said.
Fisher was excited by the movie`s elaborate costumes created by designer Catherine Martin.
"I felt like there was a whole building devoted to Catherine Martin and the costumes. You could just go from room to room looking at beautiful sketches and seeing silks and lace and feathers," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?