James Franco denies stealing idea for movie
Los Angeles: James Franco has filed legal documents denying claims by a man that the actor stole his idea for an upcoming movie.
Franco has stated that the idea for "Bukowski" came to him alone, reports tmz.com.
The movie is about Charles Bukowski, a famous fiction writer who died in 1994.
Cyril Humphris, who owns the rights to Bukowski`s autobiography, has claimed that back in 2009, he gave Franco the right to create a screenplay based on the book, but the option expired a year later.
Cyril has now said that Franco`s movie is clearly based on the autobiography.
But Franco has denied it, saying he was inspired by Bukowski`s writings and independently came up with the idea for the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar