Jane Fonda to get AFI life achievement award
Los Angeles: Actress Jane Fonda will be honoured with the American Film Institute`s 42nd AFI life achievement award.
Fonda will be presented with the award at a gala tribute on June 5 here. Her father, Henry, was honored with the award in 1978, making the Fondas the first father and daughter to be recognized by the American Film Institute, said the Hollywood Reporter.
The Oscar-winning actress of `Klute` and `Coming Home`, has come a long way since making her debut with 1960`s `Tall Story`.
"Jane Fonda is American film royalty. A bright light first introduced to the world as the daughter of Henry Fonda, the world watched as she found her own voice and forged her own path as an actor and a cultural icon. Today she stands tall among the giants of American film," said Howard Stringer, the AFI board`s chair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- My parents are extremely supportive: Kaveri
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona