Janet Jackson Super Bowl ‘boob show’ fine dropped
London: A federal appeals court in Philadelphia has ordered that US TV network CBS should not be fined for airing a glimpse of Janet Jackson’s breast during the Super Bowl half-time show in 2004.
Justin Timberlake had pulled down part of Jackson’s top, which revealed part of her breast during their half-time performance at the Super Bowl.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) had appealed to the US Supreme Court in 2008 to force the TV network to pay a fine of 550,000 dollars for violating a previously unannounced policy, which the court ruled was imposed improperly.
The incident generated a record number of more than 500,000 complaints, the BBC reported.
Timberlake blamed the exposure on a “wardrobe malfunction”, while Jackson said it was an accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman