Javed-Rahman combination best, says Shabana Azmi
Mumbai: Actress and social activist Shabana Azmi feels that when it comes to music, the combination of her lyricist husband Javed Akhtar and composer A.R. Rahman is unbeatable.
"I personally feel that today the combination of Javed and Rahman is the best. I am not saying that Rahman`s work with anyone else like Gulzar or Prasoon Joshi is not good, but Javed and Rahman`s combination is the best," the 61-year-old said here at a special screening of actor Prateik`s film ‘Ekk Deewana Tha’.
The songs of ‘Ekk Deewana Tha’ have been penned by Javed Akhtar while the Oscar winning Rahman has composed the music for the film. Earlier, Rahman-Javed Akhtar had teamed up for ‘Jeans’, ‘Pukar’, ‘Zubeidaa’, ‘Lagaan’, ‘Swades’ and ‘Jodhaa Akbar’.
Shabana also sent out her blessings to Prateik and wished him success.
"Prateik is my child and I pray for him the same way I pray for my children and he should be happy always and continue to work always," said Shabana who was named for the Padma Bhushan, the country`s third highest civilian honour, this year.
Directed by Gautham Menon, ‘Ekk Deewana Tha’ hits theatres Friday and in the film Prateik romances British model Amy Jackson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards