Javier Bardem wins Best Actor at Goya Awards
London: Hollywood actor Javier Bardem was named the Best Actor at the Goya Awards, Spain`s answer to the Oscars.
The Spanish star who recently welcomed his first child, a bay boy with actress wife Penelope Cruz, received the award for his role as a cancer ridden single father in the Barcelona drama, `Biutiful` reported Contactmusic.
The 41-year-old actor, while receiving his fifth Goya, dedicated his trophy to his wife and his son.
"I receive it as a warm hug and support from my colleagues, which is the most important for an actor. I dedicate it to my wife and son for awakening my heart and smile every day," he said.
`Black Bread`, a drama set in the post civil war Spain walked away with nine awards including Best Picture and Best Director for Agusti Villaronga.
Highest Academy nominated `The King`s Speech` which tells the true story of King George VI who had struggled with his stammering problem was named Best European Film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: Here’s what Dino Morea has to say
- Aamir Khan's new bike contains metal of INS Vikrant
- 'I hope Hrithik-Kangana feud ends soon'
- Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wished 'Happy Birthday' by THESE Bollywood hotties!
- Virat Kohli – Anushka Sharma: Will the couple reconcile – This could be an indicator!