Jay Leno to receive top American humour honour
Los Angeles: Comedian Jay Leno has been tapped by the Kennedy Center to receive this year`s Mark Twain Prize for American Humour.
The award will be presented on October 19 at a Kennedy Center ceremony.
The comedy award, in its 17th year, will again feature a format of video clips embellished with light roasting from a parade of comics and other celebs at the concert Hall.
The talent lineup will be announced later.
"Like Mark Twain, Jay Leno has offered us a lifetime`s worth of humorous commentary on American daily life," said Kennedy Center chairman David M Rubenstein.
"For both men, no one was too high or too low to escape their wit, and we are all the better for it," Center added.
Leno, 64, ended his 22-year run as host of `The Tonight Show` in February. He remains one of the most active standup comedians, playing some 300-plus dates per year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!