Jaya`s mother fans Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan`s mother-in-law celebrated an old ritual of `Jamai Shasti` with the megastar by offering him new clothes, fruits and by fanning him.
Early Thursday morning, he took to his blog to share his day`s proceedings on Wednesday.
"It was `jamai shrusti` today...the mother-in-law does a prayer and offering for the son-in-law...a Bengali tradition, conducted with immense affection by Jaya`s mother, who is on a visit here in Jalsa (Amitabh`s house)," Big B posted on srbachchan.tumblr.com.
"Fruits are offered, new clothing is given, a hand fan is used to fan the son in law, with fruit on it...such old ritual..a story of why and how it all started was also narrated to me during the pooja, but I could not understand it," he added.
Amitabh married Jaya June 3, 1973, and they have two children - son Abhishek and daughter Shweta. They have clocked 41 years of marital bliss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Kahaani 2 weekend collections: Vidya Balan starrer mints Rs 16 cr
- Birthday special: Eight times Manish Malhotra created magic on-screen!
- Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan's awesome bromance bigger than any award!
- Prayers for Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ji's health, tweets Rishi Kapoor
- Himesh Reshammiya reveals similarities between Salman Khan, Iulia Vantur
- Here's what Elena Kazan said after getting evicted from 'Bigg Boss' season 10
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!