Jennifer Hudson breaks down while receiving award
London: Singer Jennifer Hudson began to weep after receiving an award for setting up a foundation in the memory of her nephew, who was killed brutally by his estranged stepfather.
The 31-year-old `I Remember Me` hitmaker was deeply moved at Vh1`s Do Something Awards, where celebrities and members are awarded for their contribution towards social causes, reported Contactmusic.
Hudson broke down after a video clipping featuring snaps of her late parents and nephew began to be shown while she was awarded.
She then gave a performance with J Cole. Later the singer took to Twitter thanking the organisers.
"Thank you Do Something Awards and Vh1 for the recognition. Performing with J Cole was like performing with prince to me. He`s such a good guy. So honoured," she posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Depression not limited to glamour and filmdom alone: Deepika
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan