Jennifer Hudson breaks down while receiving award
London: Singer Jennifer Hudson began to weep after receiving an award for setting up a foundation in the memory of her nephew, who was killed brutally by his estranged stepfather.
The 31-year-old `I Remember Me` hitmaker was deeply moved at Vh1`s Do Something Awards, where celebrities and members are awarded for their contribution towards social causes, reported Contactmusic.
Hudson broke down after a video clipping featuring snaps of her late parents and nephew began to be shown while she was awarded.
She then gave a performance with J Cole. Later the singer took to Twitter thanking the organisers.
"Thank you Do Something Awards and Vh1 for the recognition. Performing with J Cole was like performing with prince to me. He`s such a good guy. So honoured," she posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Chennai Express' producer Karim Morani booked for rape
- Tanmay Bhat, Gursimran Khamba to attend NBA All-Star Weekend 2017
- Kajol stresses on targeted programmes for handwashing behaviour
- We were small rungs in the ladder of Amitabh Bachchan's success: Rishi Kapoor
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel