Jiah Khan case: Court adjourns hearing till July 21
Mumbai: A sessions court Wednesday adjourned till July 21 the hearing in Bollywood actress Jiah Khan suicide case in which Sooraj Pancholi, son of an actor couple, is charged for abetting her suicide.
The court is yet to decide on the application filed by Suraj, son of Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab, seeking exemption from personal appearance before the court.
The sessions court Judge A S Shende adjourned the matter.
Meanwhile, Aditya Pancholi, who accompanied his son, told reporters outside the court that an SIT be formed into the case as soon as possible.
Jiah, an American citizen, was found dead at her Juhu home on June 3 last year and police arrested Suraj on June 10 on the basis of a six-page letter, purportedly written by Jiah on status of her relationship with Suraj, which was found in her house.
Police booked Suraj for abetment to suicide on the basis of the letter.
He was granted bail by the Bombay High Court on July 1, 2013. In his bail plea, Suraj had said that he and Jiah were in a consensual relationship and the letter was being misused by the actress` mother Rabiya Khan.
Rabiya moved the high court in October, 2013 alleging that her daughter was murdered and sought a CBI probe.
Juhu police on January 16 this year filed a 447-page chargesheet in the court of a local metropolitan magistrate in suburban Andheri and the case was subsequently transferred to the sessions court for trial.
Rabiya had even met officials in Consulate of the United States of America in Mumbai in January where she was assured that they (consulate) had written to Indian Government authorities offering help in probing Jiah`s death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'
- Katy Perry named Forbes highest paid female entertainer of 2015
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan thanks his 'ardent' fans for loving him all these years!
- Salman Khan moved to tears after watching ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Watch: Salman Khan shares funny video featuring Kabir Khan!
- Deepika Padukone skips Arjun Kapoor's bash?