Jiah Khan suicide case: FBI to intervene; Sooraj Pancholi in trouble?
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has reportedly decided to intervene in the actress Jiah Khan suicide case.
Rabiya Khan, the mother of the late actress was not convinced with the investigations done by the Mumbai Police and wanted FBI’s intervention to bring the culprit to book, as she still believes that her daughter had not committed suicide but was murdered.
The main accused in the case, Sooraj Pancholi (son of actor Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab), who was in a relationship with the actress, was held guilty of abetting Jiah Khan’s suicide and was also taken into custody by the Mumbai Police in the month of June last year, for a period of 21 days.
The FBI has assured Khan’s family of seeking Maharashtra government’s consent and approval to start investigations, claims her lawyer.
Jiah Khan had begun her Bollywood career opposite megastar Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Varma’s ‘Nishabd’. The lady had appeared in Akshay Kumar’s ‘Housefull’ and Aamir Khan’s ‘Ghajini’.
Jiah was found hanging on June 3 at her Juhu residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Last rites of Aadesh Shrivastava today at Oshiwara crematorium
- Akshay wants me to be like 'Mrs. Funnybones': Twinkle
- Aadesh Shrivastava bids adieu at 51!
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51