Jiah Khan suicide: Sooraj Pancholi`s bail plea adjourned to June 21
Mumbai: A Mumbai court Friday deferred the hearing of Sooraj Pancholi`s bail plea till June 21.
Sooraj, who is in judicial custody till June 27, has been charged with abetting the suicide of Bollywood actress Nafisa alias Jiah Khan.
When the bail plea came up for hearing Friday, the court asked police to file its reply and posted the matter for further hearing June 21.
Accordingly, Sooraj will remain in the Arthur Road Central Jail till the bail plea comes up for hearing.
A former boyfriend of Jiah, Sooraj, 22, was arrested June 10 after her family handed over a letter which was found three days after the actress` suicide June 3.
The letter spoke of her strained relationship with Sooraj and how she was deeply hurt as she had to abort their baby.
Sooraj is the son of Bollywood actors Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab and was involved romantically with Jiah for over a year.
On Tuesday, a day after his arrest, Sooraj was sent to police custody till Thursday and then remanded to judicial custody till June 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out Shah Rukh Khan’s message to his followers
- Soon-to-be mom Rani Mukerji conducts puja for baby’s well being?
- Dean Jones - "The Love Bug" star, Disney leading man, dies at 84
- Katrina perfect for Ranbir, says Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Daddy Shah Rukh's message for daughter Suhana will melt your heart