Jiah Khan underwent abortion, confirms police
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Jiah Khan - who committed suicide by hanging herself at her Juhu flat on June 3 - did indeed undergo an abortion earlier this year, it has been confirmed.
According to a leading daily, Mumbai Police revealed on Wednesday that the doctor who conducted the abortion knew the late actress and her boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi.
A few days after the suicide, Jiah’s mother found a six-page “suicide” note in her wallet, in which many claims regarding physical abuse and abortion had been made. The Mumbai Police were, since then, investigating all the charges made in the letter.
In the letter, Jiah had accused Sooraj of rape, threats and cheating, following which he was arrested on Monday on charges of abetment to suicide.
“The abortion was conducted in the first two months of this year through pills. We have recorded the doctor’s statement,” a police officer said on condition of anonymity.
The police even confirmed that Jiah’s six-page letter was not written in a day or even prior to committing suicide. Instead, the struggling actress had written it over a period of time.
Subsequently, the police discovered five more letters from Sooraj’s home in Juhu. The newly discovered letters are said to be pretty similar to the first one.
“In three of them, Jiah had expressed her love for Sooraj while in the other two, she mildly voiced her discontent with the relationship,” the officer said.
In another startling revelation, Sooraj – son of actor Aditya Pancholi and Zareena Wahab – has admitted to a year-long live-in relationship with Jiah.
Cherring Dorjee, zonal deputy commissioner of police, said, “Sooraj has confessed to a year-long a live-in relationship with Jiah. They did not live together per se, but used to frequent each other’s homes.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- TV actors don't have luxury to choose quality stuff: Ashmit Patel
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- UK police to probe Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar's anti-India rant
- PM Narendra Modi lauds Amitabh Bachchan's latest 'Swachh Bharat Mission' video, urges people to make India open defecation free!
- Mosquito breeding: Sushmita Sen served notice by BMC
- Beat Pakistani artistes with shoes: BJP MLA Sangeet Som
- Consider Nana Patekar my father figure: Ali Fazal