Joe Wright’s wedding with Anoushka Shankar leaves his ex devastated
London: Indian musician Anoushka Shankar’s wedding with Hollywood movie director Joe Wright has left the director’s ex Rosamund Pike devastated.
Rosamund, whose wedding to Wright was called off at the last minute, is said to be shocked with the news that Wright has secretly married – and is expecting a child with his new wife.
Wright, 37, who made Atonement and Pride & Prejudice, married Shankar, 29, in London last month with only close family and friends invited.
Anoushka, the daughter of sitarist Ravi Shankar and half-sister of singer Norah Jones, is pregnant.
“Anoushka and Joe wanted a quiet affair with close family and friends,” the Daily Mail quoted a pal of the pair as saying.
“Ros was devastated when she found out as she hadn’t been told. It was quite different to the big wedding she had planned with Joe. Anoushka believes a wedding is a spiritual affair. She had no interest in a media circus,” the pal added.
Rosamund, 31, was due to marry Wright in September 2008, but the wedding was cancelled after Rosamund sent out invitations with the couple pictured in a hot tub.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala