John Abraham emerges as new-age producer: Karan Johar
Mumbai: In an industry characterised by cut-throat competition, praising each other is not common. But one of Bollywood`s leading filmmakers Karan Johar breaks the norm and showers praise on `Madras Caf` and its lead actor and co-producer John Abraham, calling him a "new-age producer of our times".
`Madras Cafe`, which released Aug 23, is actor John`s second project as a producer. His first, the inimitable "Vicky Donor", was a sleeper hit, and `Madras Cafe` is fast turning out to be one of the best political thrillers that Hindi cinema has produced over the years.
Karan took to Twitter to share his views on the movie.
"`Madras Cafe` is intelligent, well-intentioned, spectacularly shot and edge-of-the-seat! A proud film in every department! Superb," he posted.
"John Abraham emerging as the new-age producer of our times. His brand value takes a giant leap," added Karan.
Directed by Shoojit Sircar, the film is based on the Sri Lankan civil war.
Controversies prior to the release of the film in Tamil Nadu did not deter audiences in other parts of the country from watching the film, which features John as a RAW agent and Nargis Fakhri as a war correspondent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan