Jon Voight calls daughter Angelina Jolie `inspirational`
Washington: Angelina Jolie`s father, Jon Voight, has said that he finds his daughter`s decision of going public about her double mastectomy `inspirational`.
Voight is very proud of the 37-year-old actress for speaking out about her decision to undergo the operation to dramatically decrease her risk of developing breast cancer, after she was identified as carrying the BRCA1 cancer gene, and believes she will make a big difference by going public about her surgery, Contactmusic reported.
The 74-year-old actor, told E! News, that his love and admiration for her can never be measured in words.
The `Midnight Cowboy` star said that he thinks she is an inspiration to many people who are faced with the same situation.
He said that she is quite magnificent in the way she is handling the situation and taking care of things.
Voight also said that she does careful diligence and has the courage to gather information and make decisions from it.
He revealed that the operation has been very successful and she was able to travel soon afterwards.
Calling her daughter an amazing person, Voigh said that she is also an extraordinary mother, who includes her children when she can, without scaring them, and makes things understandable to them.
Jolie decided to get tested for the gene because her 56-year-old mother Marcheline Bertrand died of ovarian cancer in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion