Josh Duhamel helped raise $1m for flood struck hometown
Washington: Josh Duhamel has helped raise more than 1 million dollars for his hometown in North Dakota after heavy flooding forced 11,000 residents in the city out from their homes this summer.
The 38-year-old American actor recruited his wife Fergie’s band, The Black Eyed Peas, to raise money for the cause.
The concert was attended by almost 16,000 fans at the Minot Rising show at the North Dakota State Faitgrounds.
“This is a beautiful, beautiful vision for us, especially for me because I have family here now... It might be small, but it has the biggest heart in America. North Dakota, we love you so much!” Contactmusic quoted Fergie as saying.
The 36-year-old singer’s band mate will.i.am took to his Twitter page to appreciate the efforts put in by Duhamel for organising the fundraiser, the proceeds of which will benefit flood victims.
“Thank you for you passion, determination, and vision to do good, and ability to bring people together for a good cause... Bep had a concert in N Dakota and raised 1 million dollars for Minot flood recovery,” will.i.am tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Preity Zinta's cousin brother shoots himself in Shimla, police recover suicide notes
- Most searched male celebrity list 2016: Kapil Sharma beats Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan