Juhi Chawla skips fashion event in the wake of brother`s death
Panaji: Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla and her `Gulaab Gang` co-star Madhuri Dixit today skipped a fashion event in Goa due to the sudden demise of former`s brother.
"They were supposed to inaugurate the fashion show but it is informed that they won`t be able to come," Richa Maheshwari, organiser of the event told reporters.
Bobby Chawla, 31, passed away this morning.
Both the actresses were supposed to inaugurate International Ethnic Week in Goa organised by Surat dreams, a Gujarat based textile market initiative.
"We had a tie up with `Gulaab Gang` movie. Both the actresses are not our brand ambassadors but our fashion show was women centric and also was the movie. That`s why we thought to steer them into promotion," she said.
The fashion event is organised at the backdrop of business to business (B2B) event currently organised to foster trade ties between India and other countries including Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, Pakistan and Nepal.
Maheshwari said that the fashion show is choreographed by Prasad Bidappa.
The Indian ethnic wear including saree, suits and lehangas would be on display in the fashion show.
Maheshwari said that 30 international and national models would be walking ramp displaying products by 130 textile companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- John Abraham rocks as 'Rocky Handsome'—New poster!
- Impressed Arjun Rampal goes all praises for 'Fitoor'
- Smoking hot: Vin Diesel, Deepika Padukone set temperature soaring in new ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ pic
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Ratna Pathak Shah is my permanent filmi maa: Fawad Khan
- Owe no explanation to the world: Shabana Azmi on Farhan-Adhuna split
- Katrina Kaif's reaction on 'live-in' relationship with Ranbir Kapoor is epic!
- Aishwarya chills with Aaradhya, Shweta—See pic shared by Amitabh Bachchan!
- Meet Katrina Kaif’s Valentine date