Juhi Chawla skips fashion event in the wake of brother`s death
Panaji: Bollywood actress Juhi Chawla and her `Gulaab Gang` co-star Madhuri Dixit today skipped a fashion event in Goa due to the sudden demise of former`s brother.
"They were supposed to inaugurate the fashion show but it is informed that they won`t be able to come," Richa Maheshwari, organiser of the event told reporters.
Bobby Chawla, 31, passed away this morning.
Both the actresses were supposed to inaugurate International Ethnic Week in Goa organised by Surat dreams, a Gujarat based textile market initiative.
"We had a tie up with `Gulaab Gang` movie. Both the actresses are not our brand ambassadors but our fashion show was women centric and also was the movie. That`s why we thought to steer them into promotion," she said.
The fashion event is organised at the backdrop of business to business (B2B) event currently organised to foster trade ties between India and other countries including Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, UAE, UK, Pakistan and Nepal.
Maheshwari said that the fashion show is choreographed by Prasad Bidappa.
The Indian ethnic wear including saree, suits and lehangas would be on display in the fashion show.
Maheshwari said that 30 international and national models would be walking ramp displaying products by 130 textile companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside