Just a good script is not enough, says Madhavan
New Delhi: The script is not the only thing that R. Madhavan looks at while deciding a film. The producer and cast are equally important for him.
"I used to only look at the script. Now, I look at the set up, producer and rest of the team," Madhavan said on phone from Mumbai.
"Just having a good script does not satisfy everything. You must have a team to pull off that script as well and I see if they are capable of pulling it off," he added.
The actor has made a name for himself in Hindi films with his work in `Rang De Basanti`, `3 Idiots`, and `Tanu Weds Manu`. He is equally successful in southern cinema and is known for films like `Alaipayuthey` and `Minnale`.
"I always do very specific films. It takes me a while to get the scripts which I want to do," said the actor who will be seen doing a film on boxing soon.
"The boxing film will be released in Tamil and Hindi. We will begin shooting in December. The announcement will come in a couple of weeks. It will be shot in places like Hyderabad and New Delhi," he said.
The 43-year-old will also be seen in Hollywood project `Night Of The Living Dead: Origins`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Edinburgh invites Shah Rukh Khan to deliver lecture
- Irrfan Khan talks about ‘Court’, last few embarrassing Oscar entries
- Daniel Craig blasts internet bullies
- Watch: Lead actor of Aditya Chopra’s ‘Befikre’ introduces himself
- Aditya Pancholi may be evicted from bungalow as landlady wins legal battle