Justin Bieber is not a racist: Usher
London: Singer Usher has defended his fellow colleague Justin Bieber, after the popstar was filmed using a racial slur in two leaked videos.
The `Good Kisser` singer has insisted in a statement that Bieber is not a racist and suggested that his friend was a naive child at the time when the videos were filmed, reportedly.
Posting a picture of himself and Bieber together on Instagram, Usher wrote, "As I have watched Justin Bieber navigate difficult waters as a young man, I can tell you that he hasn`t always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist.
"What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs. What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes."
Apart from Usher, 50 Cent and Russell Brand have also defended the `Baby` hitmaker over this latest controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor joins fight to make India hunger-free
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Akshay Kumar is good health ambassador of 'Jaan Bachao' campaign
- Anushka Sharma singing 'Bulleya' to her pet dog is the cutest video you will see today!
- At 60, Mel Gibson all set to welcome ninth child!