Justin Bieber receives Diamond Jubilee medal from Canadian PM
Los Angeles: Pop star Justin Bieber has been honored with a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee medal and he received the award from the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
The 18-year-old singer collected the award on Friday in Ottawa, Canada ahead of his concert at Scotiabank Place, reported a website.
PM Harper took to Twitter to address the encounter. "Was happy to present @justinbieber with a Diamond Jubilee Medal today," he wrote and posted a picture of him shaking hands with the teen pop idol.
Bieber is one of 60,000 Canadians who receive the medal which was created to mark the 60th anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II`s accession to the throne this year. It`s presented to honor "significant contributions and achievements by Canadians."
Some twitter users criticized the singer`s choice of outfit, which consisted of overalls on top of a white T-shirt, completed with a baseball cap.
One Twitter user wrote, "I cannot believe what Justin Bieber wore to accept the diamond jubilee award from Stephen Harper today. Embarrassing," while another said the way he dressed made him look "like a farmer or someone who`s ready to paint walls."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why not: Kangana Ranaut on getting married more than once
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson became more popular after death: Amitabh Bachchan
- Black with a hint of gold, Sonam Kapoor's debonair suit will win your heart!