Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel help Sandy victims
Los Angeles: Newlyweds Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel joined hands with other celebrities to help hurricane Sandy victims.
The couple, along with rapper Timbaland, volunteered to clean up Rockaway, Queens in New York and hand out supplies. They stayed for three and a half hours, spending their time chatting with the victims as well, reported Ace Showbiz.
Timberlake and his wife went to a shopping center where food and other necessities in backpacks were unloaded for the victims.
Timberlake was seen carrying big boxes out from a truck. The neighborhood was one of several areas devastated by the superstorm two weeks ago.
"Taking in the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy ...My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone that was affected," Timberlake tweeted earlier this month.
Biel also tweeted, "Sending my prayers and love to New York City and to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy."
Timberlake, Biel and Timbaland were not the only celebrities helping the neighborhood.
Singer John Legend also visited the area to help the victims rebuild their lives.
"These are my neighbors who are going through this tragedy and loss of property and sometimes loss of life. It`s kind of overwhelming, seeing how much people will have to rebuild after this," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Shani Dev mantras can end your all your worries!
- Shirish Kunder apologises for his 'unsavoury tweet' on UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Shah Rukh Khan hits a 24 million follower mark on Twitter!
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- We are playing tennis doubles, quips Twinkle Khanna on marriage with Akshay Kumar!
- Deepika Padukone chit-chatting with Neetu Kapoor at Style Awards is a sight to behold!