Kalki Koechlin, Vivek Oberoi turn teachers for a day
New Delhi: Actor Vivek Oberoi and actress Kalki Koechlin assumed the role of a teacher for a day for charity.
Vivek, 37, and Kalki, 30, were in the city to participate in the event where they laid the foundation for a new block at the P&G Shiksha school here and turned teachers for a day.
Kalki feels having a strong educational infrastructure is essential for the nation.
"I think for me education is one of the most urgent requirement of our country. In many rural areas we are still lacking in terms of basic education for our children. It is heartening to see movements like this," Kalki said.
"It was lovely to lay the foundation. Education is something that is needed in our country. Education is something I have been very passionate about," Vivek added.
In its 10th year, the P&G Siksha programme aims to renovate or build new schools as part of their effort to improve the quality of education for children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor-Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Pakistan to ban Sunny Leone song?
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster