Kamal Haasan `surprised` by `sister` Banerjee
Kolkata: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, enthused by the start of the Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF), Sunday likened West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to a "sister" and said he was "surprised" by her dynamism.
"This is my first encounter with the honorable chief minister... I was looking forward to a chief minister, but I found a sister (in her)... I know why you call her that now," said Haasan, during the inaugural event of the 19th edition of KIFF.
Banerjee is addressed by her supporters as "didi" or elder sister in Bengali. She was seen dashing about the dais to ensure the proceedings went smoothly.
Cinema greats Amitabh Bachchan, Jaya Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Mithun Chakraborty and Haasan dazzled audiences at the Netaji Indoor stadium here as they came together during the opening.
"I found a head of a family (Banerjee) busy inviting everyone, a dynamo of energy, and very surprisingly, not interested in sitting in the chair for too long. I was quite surprised... I am not used to it," Haasan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I stress, worry, get nervous: Vaani Kapoor
- Sonakshi Sinha wishes 'Happy Birthday' popsy to Shatrughan Sinha, posts adorable PIC
- Nargis Fakhri's advice about 'drinking water' is what you should know for keeping a healthy body!
- Rani Mukerji Chopra shares first pic of daughter Adira, writes heartfelt message on her birthday
- 'Mr Perfectionist' title doesn’t interest Aamir Khan any more! Here's what he would like to be called