Kamini Kaushal pays tribute to Manna Dey
New Delhi: Veteran actress Kamini Kaushal paid tribute to legendary singer Manna Dey at a condolence meeting here and remembered him as a versatile performer with a heart of gold.
Manna Dey passed away Nov 24 after a prolonged illness. He was 94.
Kamini Kaushal, 86, said that Dey was not only a versatile singer but was also a very simple person with a heart of gold.
Manna Dey`s song `Kasme waade pyaar wafa` from 1967 film `Upkar`, in which the actress was seen with Manoj Kumar and late actor Pran, was one of her top favourites, said a statement.
The meet was organised by cultural society SAKHA and PECOBA, the alumni group of Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Sunday.
Kamini Kaushal made her debut in the film industry with Chetan Anand`s `Neecha Nagar` in 1946, which won the Palme d`Or at the Cannes Film Festival, the first Indian film to do so.
She has been a part of many films such as `Shaheed`, `Do Bhai` and `Ziddi` and recently featured in `Chennai Express`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Agha to get lifetime Indian visa, say MHA sources
- AR Rahman conferred with Japan's Fukuoka prize 2016
- Social media trolls don't affect Zareen Khan
- Here's what Shraddha Kapoor has to say about link-up reports with Farhan Akhtar!
- Nervousness took over Priyanka Chopra while auditioning for 'Quantico'? Watch video