Kapil Sharma booked for non-payment of service tax dues
Mumbai: In more trouble for stand up comedian Kapil Sharma, after the sets of his popular TV show `Comedy Nights With Kapil` caught fire here, the Service Tax department has booked him for non-payment of tax dues amounting to around Rs 60 lakh.
"We have booked him for not remitting the tax amount that he used to collect from organisers of his program," said an official today.
According to sources, the tax liability was around Rs 60 lakhs. Also, he was questioned yesterday in this connection and is likely to be called again.
"If he doesn`t pay, then we will have to initiate proceedings against him," the official said.
Yesterday, a massive fire broke out on the sets of the hit show at Goregaon Film city here. However, there were no human casualties in the mishap.
The show, is hosted by Kapil and often sees big Bollywood names using the platform to promote their upcoming films.
Pic courtesy: @KapilSharma9
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Difference in treatment meted out to us and Hema Malini, says victims' kin
- FTII stir: Students protest Gajendra Chauhan's appointment
- Arshad hopes for 'raise' post 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Tiger Shroff doesn't want to work with B-Town's Khans
- Will work with Shoojit again: Ayushmann Khurrana