Karan, Adi are `lallu`: SRK
New Delhi: Shah Rukh Khan says he had approached his friends Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra to direct his mega-budget `RA.One` but they chickened out.
"I went to all directors to make this film (`RA.One`) and even my own friends like Karan or Aditya. They all are `lallu` (idiots) I say. I wanted to do something more than a romantic comedy," Shah Rukh told his friend, actress Preity Zinta on UTV Stars` "Up Close and Personal with PZ".
The 45-year-old, who plays a superhero in the film which is releasing Oct 26, is hoping for positive things for the project. It is directed by Anubhav Sinha.
"I have been informed that I am officially broke and `RA.One` has turned out to be one of the most expensive films. If this film does well, it will go down the history and will be remembered. I am glad I have bought something to India which has never been seen before... I am very inspired by `Krish` and `Drona`," he said.
`RA.One` also features Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor, with a cameo by superstar Rajinikanth and a special voiceover by Amitabh Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sanah intimidated more by dad Pankaj Kapur than Shahid
- Hindi music industry is ruled by Bollywood: Ehsaan Noorani
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestant Rahul Mahajan beats girlfriend?
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh