Karan Johar cheers Ranbir Kapoor's Mumbai City FC
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Actor Ranbir Kapoor is now the proud co-owner of the franchise Mumbai City FC. The football league – Indian Super League, will begin play in October this year.
Karan Johar took to twitter to wish the actor the best for his club and wrote:
Go Ranbir!!!! Here's wishing your new football team huge success!!! May this new goal of yours achieve all the glory pic.twitter.com/EgSb6zIDnQ
— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) August 30, 2014
The 'Barfi!' star is a big football enthusiast and is a die hard fan of Barcelona. He was even seen playing a friendly football match with cousin Armaan Jain during the World Cup fever a few months ago.
ISL has other Bollywood biggies who have invested in the game. The FC Pune City is co-owned by none other than Salman Khan. NorthEast United FC is being backed by none other than John Abraham, who is a well known Football lover. Kerala Blasters too has the backing of the cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar.
India Super League (ISL) is a professional football league that is to take place in India. The inaugural season will start from October 2014. It will operate on the lines of IPL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha keen to play Draupadi on screen!
- Priyanka Chopra shares moment of 'madness' with Hugh Jackman!
- When Chris Martin calls Katrina 'Katrina Kaif Kapoor'
- This is how Akshay Kumar made his darling daughter Nitara's birthday more special! Pics inside
- B-Town celebs congratulate Sania Mirza on Pan Pacific Open win!