Karan Johar, Ram Gopal Varma in Twitter war again
Mumbai: Filmmakers Ram Gopal Varma and Karan Johar have once again traded sarcastic remarks on a social networking platform.
The Twitter spat on Teacher`s Day Thursday, was initiated by RGV, who took a dig at Karan`s last directorial release ‘Student Of The Year’.
"If someone takes off from Karan Johar`s `Student of the year` and makes `Teacher of the Year`, it will become the `Disaster of the Year`," Varma posted.
Karan did not take much time to respond, tweeting: "`Disaster of the Year` is your territory Ramu (RGV)...no one can ever replace the comfortable place you have made for yourself there."
Varma then tried to explain himself.
"Hey Karan, my tweet was in a series I put on Teacher`s Day and that tweet was about someone taking off from you meaning it a compliment," Varma posted.
This wasn`t the first instance of a war of words between the filmmakers, who style of filmmaking is as different as chalk and cheese. A popular Twitter fight between them happened in 2010 over Karan`s movie ‘My Name Is Khan’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala