Katrina Kaif is an inspiration: Jacqueline Fernandez
Mumbai: Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez, who forayed into Bollywood in 2009, says she finds inspiration in British-born actress Katrina Kaif, who has carved her own niche and battled language problems to become the "success" that she is despite being an outsider for the Indian film industry.
"I would like to mention Katrina Kaif because she is someone that I can relate to a lot. She has come from abroad and she has come from London. She went through the same language problems and not being from the industry...so I can relate to her a lot. She is such a success story that I have to mention that she is an inspiration," Jacqueline said here Tuesday at an event.
The 28-year-old actress made her Bollywood debut with ‘Aladin’ opposite Riteish Deshmukh, whereas Katrina made her acting debut here with the 2003 film ‘Boom’. But she gave hits after hits post Vipul Shah`s 2007 offering ‘Namastey London’.
At the event, Jacqueline performed on some of her songs including the recent number "Lath Lag Gayi" from ‘Race 2’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan’s Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in Bollywood: Ban will never be lifted?
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’
- Akshay Kumar’s beautiful 'sandesh for soldiers' will make you smile
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord