Katy Perry files USD 6.5m counterclaim against hair product company
Los Angeles: Pop star Katy Perry has struck back at the hair-styling company that rushed into court in anticipation of being sued over an endorsement contract.
Two weeks ago, Jemella Group Limited (JGL) sued Perry`s loan-out company, Killer Queen LLC, contending that it had paid the singer USD 4.5 million under a two-year deal to endorse Good Hair Day (GHD), said the Hollywood Reporter.
In counterclaims filed in a California federal court, the 28-year-old singer`s lawyers said that if there was no deal, JGL had no right to continue to use Perry`s image on the GHD website and refer to Perry as the company`s "brand ambassador".
"Those who wish to do business with a company that does not honour its contractual commitments, yet reaps the benefits of the agreements giving rise to those commitments, would find a perfect business partner in GHD," Perry`s lawyer said in their new legal papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Emraan Hashmi-starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Paltrow launches line of gluten-free organic ready meals
- I always apologise for 'Batman & Robin': George Clooney
- Kelly Rutherford awarded sole custody of her two children
- Kim shares candid images on first anniversary with Kanye
- I'm not retiring from acting: Patrick Dempsey
- Akshay Kumar looks dapper in first selfie, poses shirtless
- Simon Cowell sued by former 'The X Factor' contestant
- Ben Stiller's mother dies at 85
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara dies
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Happy Birthday to the masterly Karan Johar!
- Anupam Kher rejoices 31 years in Bollywood
- Bollywood chants 'Mumbai Mumbai' as Mumbai Indians lift IPL crown
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla