Katy Perry visits Madagascar for Unicef
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry visited Madagascar in support of the United Nations Children`s Fund (Unicef) to help draw attention to the importance of providing education and help to children on the African island nation.
The 28-year-old admits she is grateful for the experience.
"In less than one week here in Madagascar, I went from crowded city slums to the most remote villages and my eyes were opened wide by the incredible need for a healthy life, nutrition, sanitation, and protection against rape and abuse, which Unicef is stepping in to help provide," Perry said in a statement, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"I am grateful to Unicef for giving me the opportunity to see first-hand how their programmes make a real difference in children`s lives. Support for Unicef in saving children, I am a witness to it," she added.
Perry participated in several local activities by hand-washing clothes and playing with children in a playground.
She also pumped water at a well and visited a nutrition centre to learn about the high rates of malnutrition in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Aditi Rao Hydari to play 'Bhoomi' in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film
- Ajay Devgn sent an emotional message to Salman Khan - But why?
- Salman Khan's 'Tubelight' actress Zhu Zhu got THIS special present from the Khan of all seasons! Guess what?
- Deepika Padukone shoots for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'—Check out first pics!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth
- Totally Clooed! Karan Johar meets George Clooney; poses for a click!
- Rishi Kapoor launches his autobiography ‘Khullam Khulla - Rishi Kapoor Uncensored’
- Salman Khan Arms Act case: Verdict today
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Ajay Devgn promises to meet fan who threatened to kill himself