Katy Perry’s dad lands in hot water for anti-Semitic comments
Washington: Katy Perry’s father Keith Hudson has apologised for making anti-Semitic comments in a religious service led by him in Ohio.
Two organizations that promote the fight against anti-Semitism said that Hudson, who is an evangelical minister made reference to stereotypes about Jewish people during the service in Westlake.
“You know how to make the Jew jealous? Have some money, honey,” ABC News quoted Hudson as telling the worshippers.
“You go to L.A. and they own all the Rolex and diamond places.
“Walk down a part of L.A. where we live and it is so rich it smells.
“You ever smell rich? They are all Jews, hallelujah! Amen,” he said.
The Anti-Defamation League and the Simon Wiesenthal Center both denounced the comments.
“If you take out ‘L.A.’ from his rant, most people would guess that Hitler or Goebbels was speaking,” founder of the Simon Wiesenthal Center said.
Hudson has since apologized for what he calls “hurtful and ugly language.”
Hudson issued a statement on the ADL website saying, “I used images about Jews rooted in the worst anti-Semitism in the past, images that at times led to the persecution and murder of Jews.
“I can’t tell you where I picked up phrases and descriptions that became part of my vocabulary.
“I used them without ever considering what they meant,” the statement read.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman