Keira Knightley roots for Chiwetel Ejiofor
Los Angeles: Actress Keira Knightley is hoping that her "Love Actually" co-star Chiwetel Ejiofor will win the best actor in a leading role category at the 86th Academy Awards for his performance as Solomon Northup in the movie "12 Years A Slave".
Ejiofor is up against Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale and Bruce Dern.
"I loved `12 Years A Slave` so that would be my favourite. I worked with Chiwetel and he is such a phenomenal actor. He is one of the actor`s actors. So I think it is wonderful that he is getting the recognition that he`s deserved for such a long time," Knightley said in a statement.
Set in the 1900s "12 Years A Slave", directed by Steve McQueen, is the story of Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, who is abducted and sold into slavery.
"12 Years A Slave" will hit the screen in India Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Fitness goals! See how Akshay Kumar celebrated 'International handstand day'
- Vikram Bhatt sues Kamaal R Khan for defamation
- Quiz master Neil O'Brien is dead
- Don't feel like resting on words like celebrity, superstar: Freida Pinto