close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Kevin Costner dismisses lawsuit against promoter

Los Angeles: Kevin Costner has dismissed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against a music promoter he claimed failed to back his music career.

Court records in Los Angeles show the lawsuit against Mahee Worldwide Ventures Inc. was dismissed last week.

The actor-director`s attorney, Melvin Avanzado, says the case wasn`t settled.

The 55-year-old Costner sued in April 2007, claiming Mahee reneged on a deal to book the Kevin Costner Band for as many as five shows a year and maintain a marketing website.

The case was delayed because Mahee filed for bankruptcy.

Mahee`s bankruptcy attorney did not return an e-mail seeking comment Thursday.

Avanzado says the bankruptcy revealed that Mahee didn`t have any assets.

He says "we just felt it was time to move on."

Bureau Report

TAGS

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions