Kids first, career second, says Julia Roberts
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Julia Roberts says her children will always come before her career.
The "Pretty Woman" star is a mother of nine-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus and six-year-old Henry and only accepts one movie a year, so she can spend most of her time with her family, reports contactmusic.com.
"I make one film per year and that`s a good balance. My older kids have just turned nine and my son is six; they still need me. My family takes up a lot of my time and my creative energy, but I`m lucky to have worked enough already to allow myself to take time off," said Roberts, who made her acting debut in late 1980s.
"When I see my friends struggling to juggle both, I feel very privileged. I act less, but better; I`ve always been demanding (of a role), now I`m difficult," she added.
When asked about her family life, the 46-year-old said: "(It`s) the same as every other stay at home mom. Sometimes, there are wet bath towels strewn all over the house, dinner isn`t ready and the kids haven`t finished their homework..."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why daddys always save their sons: Kangana Ranaut on Hrithik controversy
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Anushka Sharma does an impromptu gig in Libson
- Harshvardhan has daddy Anil Kapoor helping him with Mirzya promotions