Kimberley Walsh wants to be known as an actress
Los Angeles: Singer-songwriter Kimberley Walsh`s aim is to be known as an actress and looks up to singer-turned-actress Billie Piper.
Since the split of the Girls Aloud band, Walsh has already notched up an acting credit in all-singing, all-dancing movie ‘All Stars 3D’ and is looking to snare some more screen time as soon as possible, reports contactmusic.com.
“I started acting at five and then the band happened. But now it feels like the right time to get back to basics. I look at Billie Piper and think she`s got an amazing career. But then all my friends say they want me to be the next Julie Andrews,” she said.
With a career-change in mind, the 31-year-old star admits she is ready for a “challenge” as she felt being in the chart-topping girl band, which also included Cheryl Cole, Nadine Coyle, Sarah Harding and Nicola Roberts, was getting “too easy”.
She explained: “We were as comfortable as a group and that last tour was so easy for us. We know our dynamics and we how we all perform live. It was almost too easy being on tour with the girls. What I`m really excited about is the next challenge.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion
- ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan travels by train to promote film - WATCH video
- Four detectives in Bengali fiction who are every kid’s hero
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan returns to stun you! Check out Femina cover PIC