Kissing, bikini is OK, but no nudity: Alia Bhatt
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Alia Bhatt donned a bikini in `Student of the Year` and she has done kissing scenes in `SOTY` and the upcoming `2 states`. But, the young actress says that she would never do a nude scene as she is not comfortable with it.
"I would never go ahead and do a nude scene as it is something I am not comfortable doing," Alia said in an interview here.
She also said that the kissing scene in `2 states` is just to portray th level of intimacy between the leads and should not be the focal point of the audience.
"This film (2 States) starts where most rom-coms end, it starts with them already being a relationship and wants to get married. So to justify the fact that they are together for a while... There is intimacy between them. They are modern, forward thinking and at the same time very cultured and cater to conservative family. You see it (kissing) for three seconds in the trailer and that is how it is in the film," Alia said.
Defending that the scene is not for promotion Alia further added, "It is not added for promotion. For marriage, it is important to be in love, in the film they are in love.. Kissing and then they show family part also. It is important part of the book because Krish`s character is avoiding Anaya as he wants to be with her every time he sees her."
The actress admitted that `2 States` is a family film and the scene has been tastefully done, and that she wants the families to enjoy it, also adding that it kissing is not looked down upon any more.
"There is awkwardness. I feel it is acting at the end of the day.. He is playing Krish and I am playing Anaya we are not Arjun and Alia when we are doing that scene. This film is not about just that one kiss, the only reason it is written about is because Arjun and I said it is ok (to have it)," she said.
"People don`t look down upon it any more if done tastefully then the audience will be put off. It is a U/A film, it is a family film and we want family to come and enjoy the film," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Adele plants kiss on fan's lips
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone meets Ranbir Kapoor, Fawad Khan on 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' sets?