Konkona happy for being offered roles on Tagore`s work
Kolkata: Actress Konkona Sen Sharma said she is grateful and happy for receiving roles based on the work of Rabindranath Tagore.
Konkona would be next seen in "Sajarur Kanta", where she otherwise plays Deepa in the film, but takes on the role of Nandini from Tagore`s classic play `Raktakarabi` as member of a theatre troupe staging the play.
"It gives a high to me," the award-winning actress, 34, said while speaking on her character Nandini of Tagore`s `Raktakarabi`.
"I am happy that characters with Tagorean references are coming my way a lot more these days," she said.
Earlier, she played `Kadombori` in Tagore`s much-acclaimed work "Sesher Kobita". Recalling how she grasped the typical Tagorean touch in the dialogue of Nandini, Konkona said, "I found the parts a bit difficult. But the workshop with Sohag Sen (theatre personality) helped as I worked towards perfecting the lines and nuances and memorised the words."
"I have to become the Nandini of `Raktakarabi` as people have certain perceptions about her, while Labanya is also a well-known character in `Sesher Kobita`. So though it is a challenge to live upto the perceptions, my portrayals are based on my understanding and homework," Konkona said.
She acknowledged the role of her mother (Aparna Sen) in helping to get a grip on the character Nandini. The director of the film, Saibal Mitra, said Konkona`s Deepa in `Sajarur Kanta` is a vital cog in the crime thriller with a romantic angle.
Konkona, who was the female lead in "Page 3", said she was fine with all kinds of films and acknowledged the fact that she had been offered interesting projects in Bengali.
Actor Dhritiman Chatterjee of Satyajit Ray`s `Pratidwandi` fame, enacts the 60-plus Byomkesh Bakshi in the film, which is set in present day Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- New mothers under too much of pressure: Kimberly Wyatt
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- 'Cooties' trailer unveiled
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- Nick Nolte to play disgraced US president in new series
- 'Heroes Reborn' brings back Greg Grunberg
- Ed Sheeran receives hilarious emails from Elton John
- Seth Rogen shares new picture from 'Preacher' set
- Tate Taylor to direct 'The Girl on the Train'
- Cara Delevingne angered by modelling industry
- Marvel's 'Empire of the Dead' to be adapted for TV
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Michael Caine 'never tempted to stray' from wife
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- I was called silly for doing 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra
- Shah Rukh Khan discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- In Pics: Mallika Sherawat dazzles in Georges Hobeika gown!
- Sylvester Stallone wants action movie with Salman Khan
- Looking good allows better performance: Sunidhi on weight loss
- Kanye West donates $133,000 to art institution
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today