Kumar Taurani to launch son opposite Shruti Haasan
Mumbai: Film producer Kumar Taurani is set to launch his son Girish in a musical opposite Shruti Haasan.
"The film will be a musical love story and Prabhu Deva will direct it. We will start preparations from August 1. We have not finalised on the name for the film yet," he said.
"We will be shooting the film abroad as well as Mumbai, Pune, and some parts of Himachal Pradesh," he added.
The producer confirmed that the film is a remake of a southern movie and that they are looking at a March-April release next year.
Taurani, owner of Tips Industries Limited, has also bought the rights of a few other south films including, ‘Souryam’ and ‘Don Seenu’.
It has been reported that he wanted to rope in Saif Ali Khan for one of the projects, but Taurani denied is saying, "As of now, I am concentrating on this film with Girish Kumar."
Tips has delivered films like ‘Race’ and ‘Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Boy George 'devastated' over friend's suicide
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal