Kunal Roy Kapur`s next will be a directorial venture
Mumbai: Kunal Roy Kapur, one among the trio in the recent hit `Delhi Belly`, is awed by the response the adult comedy has received, but says his next won`t be an acting assignment as he is keen to direct now.
Produced by Aamir Khan Productions and directed by adman Abhinay Deo, `Delhi Belly` also stars Imran Khan and Vir Das.
"Even after a week, it hasn`t sunk in as yet. Honestly, most of us don`t know how to react to it. We are at awe of the reaction," Kunal told reporters.
"I am hoping to direct a little more as I was directing in the past. My next project would be as a director. I am in talks with few producers and hopefully would start by end of this year," added the actor-director who made his directorial debut with the "The President Is Coming" in 2009.
With Siddharth Roy Kapur, producer and chief executive officer of UTV Motion Pictures being his elder brother, it was assumed he would produce the film but Kunal rules out that option.
"I am not approaching him (Siddharth). We don`t operate that way. We try to keep our personal relations and professional life as separate as possible. We do all things on our own," said the 28-year-old.
"I am honestly more interested in directing. When really good roles come in my way, and I like it very much, then only I would go for acting," said Kunal, who made his debut as an actor in the TV soap `Just Mohabbat` in 2000.
Did he expect `Delhi Belly` to be such a grand success?
"When we were shooting the movie, we expected it to be much smaller than what it is today. We thought of it to be a niche sort of English film you know, with little bit of Hindi, but the film has kind of transcended that. In major metros, we have bilingual kind of society, which really worked in favour of the film."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Kangana Ranaut to inspire women to share their stories
- Meet Shifuji Shaurya Bhardwaj: The living legend who played Tiger Shroff's trainer in 'Baaghi'!
- This emotional Instagram post by Arbaaz Khan talks about introspection
- Check out: Rani Mukerji’s first public appearance after baby Adira’s birth
- Adhyayan never said Kangana Ranaut practices black magic, says father Shekhar Suman