Kylie Minogue closes Commonwealth Games
London: Singer Kylie Minogue brought the curtain down on the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow by performing on her hit numbers.
The `Can`t Get You Out of My Head` star also passed the baton over to her native Australia, which will host the next games on its Gold Coast when they return in 2018, suggest reports.
Minogue opened her performance in front of 40,000 fans with 2000 hit `Spinning Around` followed by tracks including, `Love at First Sight`, `All the Lovers` and one of her career`s very first singles, `The Locomotion`.
Toward the end of her set the 46-year-old singer told the crowd, "So much beautiful energy here tonight. I admire your commitment, your passion so much and I`m so grateful to be here. Thank you so much."
The closer also saw performances from Scottish acts including Lulu and Deacon Blue.
Earlier in the games, Princes William and Harry and Duchess Catherine had attended and met with athletes, including celebrated sprinter Usain Bolt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'