Lata Mangeshkar salutes martyrs on Kargil Vijay Diwas
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: As the nation celebrates the 15th anniversary of its triumph in Kargil, nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar paid tribute to the soldiers who laid down their lives during the 1999 war. She took to micro-logging website Twitter to salute the brave martyrs.
The legendary singer also posted the link to her famous song `Jo Samar Mai Ho Gaye Amar` along with her tweet.
She wrote: “Aaj kargil vijay diwas par main humare desh ke rakshak jawano`n ko salam karti hun.”
Aaj kargil vijay diwas par main humare desh ke rakshak jawano'n ko salam karti hun.http://t.co/gbxK2HaA5m
— latamangeshkar (@mangeshkarlata) July 26, 2014
Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated every year on July 26 to honour the heroes of the Indo-Pak war. The conflict was the most serious military engagement between the two neighbouring countries since the war of 1971 that resulted in the division of Pakistan into two countries and the creation of Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- There was always an audience for female-centric films: Anand L Rai
- Maggi noodles controversy: Have not received any notice yet, says Amitabh Bachchan
- Niall Horan splits from girlfriend