‘Less chance’ of Dara Singh`s recovery: Doctors
Mumbai: Wrestler-turned-actor Dara Singh, who has been battling for his life in a city hospital since the last four days, has "less chance of recovery" due to significant damage to his brain, doctors said today.
The 84-year-actor was admitted to Kokilaben Hospital in an emergency condition on July 7. He had suffered a cardiac arrest and since then he has been in the ICU.
"We had done a MRI and it shows significant damage to his brain due to decreased oxygen supply to brain, when he had a cardiac arrest. There is less chance that he will recover. Chances of him regaining consciousness are also less," Dr Ram Narain, COO, Kokilaben hospital, told PTI.
"There are no medicines that will reverse the brain damage... Only if a miracle happens. He might even slip into coma," he said.
The commonwealth wrestling champion entered film industry in the fifties and is known for his roles in `King Kong` and `Faulad`. He was last seen in Imtiaz Ali`s `Jab We Met` (2007) playing Kareena Kapoor`s grandfather.
The veteran actor had played the character of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar`s epic television series `Ramayan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Trailer of India's first stoner movie 'M Cream' is finally out
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Is Aamir Khan scared of 'Sultan'? Here's what Salman Khan has to say
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- Saif Ali Khan injured, rushed to hospital! – Details inside
- Here's what Aishwarya Rai has to say about 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' co-actor Ranbir Kapoor!