LiLo calls hit and run claims ‘complete lie’
London: Lindsay Lohan has branded accusations that her car grazed a man’s knee outside a Hollywood nightclub as “a complete lie”.
Lohan, 25, took to her Twitter account to respond to her three million followers over the latest in a long line of car-related woes.
“This is all a complete lie. I’ve been at community service,” the Mirror quoted Lohan as tweeting.
“These false accusations are absurd,” she wrote.
According to police, Lohan’s black Porsche was surrounded by paparazzi outside the club at about 12.30am.
The man told officers her sports car grazed his knee outside the club.
Sgt Mark Ro of Los Angeles police said that Lohan drove off and a police report was not taken because the man, an employee of the Hookah Lounge near the club, was not hurt.
The troubled star was trying to make a U-turn outside the Wilcox Avenue club.
“Space was tight,” the sergeant said, adding that Lohan may have nudged the lounge employee’s parked car, believed to be a Corvette, but it was not damaged.
“He came out and said, ‘Don’t hit my car’.
“She was making a multi-point U-turn and photographers were in her way,” Sgt Ro said.
The sergeant also said that he did not know who called police, but Lohan was gone when officers arrived.
“We did not take a report for hit-and-run. We didn’t go looking for her,” he added.
Lohan and her publicist Steve Honig said she was trying to get to a friend’s birthday party at the club, but she turned around when she was mobbed by photographers and never got out of her car.
“I attempted to wish a friend happy birthday, which I didn’t even get to do because I was freaked out by all of the paparazzi,” Lohan tweeted.
Honig said she and her Porsche did not make contact with anyone as she left.
“At no point was there ever any indication that her car hit anyone or anything.
“We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the next few days,” he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We have a great news for MS Dhoni fans in Jharkhand! - Details inside
- Here's how to make your studio apartment look bigger
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- After 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma to join forces once again?
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- Actors are very small fish, say B-Town celebs on MNS threat
- MNS threat to Pakistan artists: Here's what Sushant Singh Rajput has to say
- Akshay Kumar inaugurates football tournament
- Wedding bells! Yuvraj Singh & Hazel Keech to tie the knot this December
- Brad Pitt may not be prosecuted for child abuse