Lily Tomlin marries longtime partner, collaborator Jane Wagner
Los Angeles: Actress Lily Tomlin has married her longtime partner and comedy collaborator Jane Wagner, Tomlin`s publicist said on Tuesday.
Tomlin, 74, married Wagner, 78, on New Year`s Eve at a private ceremony in Los Angeles after 42 years of being together, Jennifer Allen said.
Same-sex marriage became legal again in California last June, after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that allowed an appellate court`s order striking down the state`s ban to stand.
Tomlin and Wagner shared Emmy awards in 1974, 1976 and 1981 for their work on writing comedy variety TV programs starring Tomlin, who rose to fame in the 1970s with her characters on the sketch comedy show "Laugh-In."
Tomlin earned an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress in Robert Altman`s 1975 musical drama "Nashville."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan had something to say to Ajay Devgn and Karan Johar
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu