Lily Tomlin marries longtime partner, collaborator Jane Wagner
Los Angeles: Actress Lily Tomlin has married her longtime partner and comedy collaborator Jane Wagner, Tomlin`s publicist said on Tuesday.
Tomlin, 74, married Wagner, 78, on New Year`s Eve at a private ceremony in Los Angeles after 42 years of being together, Jennifer Allen said.
Same-sex marriage became legal again in California last June, after a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that allowed an appellate court`s order striking down the state`s ban to stand.
Tomlin and Wagner shared Emmy awards in 1974, 1976 and 1981 for their work on writing comedy variety TV programs starring Tomlin, who rose to fame in the 1970s with her characters on the sketch comedy show "Laugh-In."
Tomlin earned an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress in Robert Altman`s 1975 musical drama "Nashville."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sizzling Mallika Sherawat does head-stand like a pro!- WATCH
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!