Lindsay Lohan admits to lying about cocaine use in Oprah interview
Los Angeles: In her first interview since her latest rehab stint, Lindsay Lohan admitted to Oprah Winfrey that she lied about her cocaine use but the troubled actress said she is now determined to start afresh.
Lohan, 27, has previously stated that she used the drug three or four times, she told Winfrey on her network OWN that the actual number is more like 10-15 times, the Hollywood Reporter said.
"I was terrified of being judged," she said, adding that she snorted the drug but never injected herself with it.
"I`m an addict," Lohan said but insisted that her addiction is to alcohol. "That, in the past, was a gateway to other things for me. I tried cocaine with alcohol."
Lohan, who has been branded the problem child in Hollywood for her legal troubles and wild lifestyle, claimed she did not enjoy using cocaine.
"I never felt good the next day." But she took it because it allowed her to drink more. "It was a party thing. People would have it, and I`d do it."
"The Meangirls" star was terrified when she first found out about her jail trip.
"Having all the chaos around me that I was so comfortable with, I somewhere inside knew I wanted to go to jail. And I think that that was subconsciously being put out there just by my actions, or lack thereof," Lohan said.
Asked if she is "addicted to chaos," Lohan replied: "I think so. Yeah, it was a comfortable choice to me. What was chaotic to other people in the outside looking in was normal. There is something to be said about me learning to be comfortable with things just being OK."
Lohan said she has become more responsible and would like to get her life back on track.
"(I`m ready) to get the thing that has made me happiest my whole life back, which is to work really hard, stay focused and prove myself. I have to regain trust in people, in my career, that had doubts, and I fully respect that on their behalf... I am my own worst enemy, and I know that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan catches up on 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'!
- Makers of 'Kashmora' use 360-degree camera rig
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- David Gandy to quit modelling
- Ian Somerhalder refuses to pose for fans
- Kate Moss feels she's as famous as Katie Price
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, to undergo surgery later
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter family hits 15 million!
- When Anushka, Priyanka waited for the boys!
- Bob Saget to return for 'Full House' revival
- 'Urban Cowboy' to get TV adaptation
- Graham Moore's viral-outbreak drama gets series order
- 'American Idol' stint was my worst experience: Mariah Carey
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- TV news may lead to racial bias
- '19 Kids and Counting' spin-off in works
- Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunite on-screen
- Kendrick Lamar's special performance on Ellen's show
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser