Lindsay Lohan enjoys family holiday ahead of trial

Los Angeles: Actress Lindsay Lohan has jetted to New York for a family holiday ahead of her court hearing over the alleged theft of a necklace, after getting legal permission to leave California.

The actress is on probation and therefore had to seek permission from a court before flying to the Big Apple with mother Dina and sister Ali, reported Star magazine online.

"We are all excited that the family gets to all be together in New York," Dina told the magazine.

The 24-year-old will spend time in the city with her family before a possible court hearing on March 25, where she could accept a plea deal over the alleged theft of a USD 2,500 necklace.

If not, a hearing will be held next month to determine if there is enough evidence for her to stand trial.

On that date, she could also be jailed for violating her probation and stay behind bars until the start of her trial.

During a short hearing at last week, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith L Schwartz scheduled a preliminary hearing for April 22 before fellow Judge Stephanie Sautner.

But Schwartz also tentatively scheduled a hearing in his court for March 25, but said that hearing would be held only if Lohan was prepared to enter into a plea agreement, which would likely lead to her going to jail for a fourth time.

Lohan has previously signalled that she would fight the charge over the necklace in question and has pleaded not guilty.

The necklace was eventually given by a Lohan associate to police who had already obtained a search warrant for the Venice Beach home of the actress.

CCTV footage from the Kamofie & Co jewellery store in Venice, Los Angeles, was shown on US programme Entertainment

Tonight last week and showed Lohan texting, pacing and talking to a shop assistant for nearly 45 minutes.

The `Mean Girls` star wore the necklace for roughly 25 minutes and it was around her neck when the assistant escorted Lohan out, smiled and held a door open.

In the past 10 months, Lohan has been jailed twice and sent to rehab twice for probation violations.

A judge ordered her to undergo three months of treatment at the Betty Ford Center, and it was within three weeks of her release that she was accused of stealing the necklace.

If convicted of stealing the necklace, she could be sentenced to up to three years behind bars.


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link