Washington: Lindsay Lohan, who was accused of clipping a man with her car outside a New York nightclub, will not be facing any charges for the accident, it has been revealed.
The 26-year-old actress had been due to make her first court appearance in the case on Tuesday, but the Manhattan district attorney’s office said that there is no court date scheduled at any point regarding her case, Fox News reported.
Lohan’s publicist Steve Honig said the allegations proved to be “a big nothing,” as he’d said from the start.
The ‘Mean Girls’ star was arrested on a charge of leaving an accident scene. Restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez said that her Porsche hurt his knee in the hit and run accident last month.
Grainy surveillance footage released by the police showed Lohan’s car turning as Rodriguez passed. Blurring to conceal witnesses’ faces partially obscured the accident scene.