Lindsay Lohan to sue cook who claims she was drunk driving
London: Lindsay Lohan, who last week reportedly hit a 34-year-old chef outside Manhattan’s tony Dream Hotel, isn’t happy that the victim is claiming that she was drunk driving at the time.
According to TMZ the ‘Liz and Dick’ actress is planning to sue Jose Rodriguez for defamation and is “tired of people lying just to score a quick paycheck,” the Sun reported.
Lohan was arrested Wednesday night and charged with a hit-and-run, but police at the scene of the crime did not give her a Breathalyzer test because they didn’t believe she was impaired, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told The News.
Rodriguez, however, complained that Lohan was “slurring” and “smelled of alcohol.”
The site reports that LiLo fears that she could potentially lose work if future employers and directors believe that she’s back to her boozing ways.
At present, police officials have noted that surveillance video of the low-speed incident actually contradicts some of Rodriguez’s story.
“We are confident this matter will be cleared up in the coming weeks and the claims being made against Lindsay will be proven untrue,” rep Steve Honig told The News.